July 15

So last night I discovered that the project of my daughters bedroom redo wasn’t going as smoothly as I had thought. I should have known better. There’s a particular portion I’ve been building and when I went to assemble things, it didn’t go so well. I don’t want to say what it is in case she’s reading my blog (highly doubtful but she’s been trying to get info out of me the past couple of days) but suffice it to say, it’s a rather central item. Now I measured things more than twice before I cut, but what I didn’t do correctly was account for the width of the wood when adding measurements of all key pieces. Thankfully, I ended up with some pieces too long instead of too short and was able to salvage the project. Of course that doesn’t mean all went well today. I found myself doing dumb stuff like screwing things together backwards and hanging things upside down. But I kept it together–no throwing items or getting too upset. And I called in some extra hands when lifting awkward items became necessary (thank you, boyfriend!). I’ve learned over the many years of home projecting that it doesn’t do a lot of good to continue working when I get frustrated. It’s much easier to take a break and return refreshed. So after making the necessary adjustments, that is what I did tonight. And I’m grateful I have another day to pull it all together.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s